Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tina Stevens, Featured Member Of Peace 4 The Missing

I wrote this post for our featured members section on Peace 4 The Missing..Tina Stevens is a very dear and close friend of mine and I wanted to share her story with others..She is truly an inspiration for other people..She may not be missing, and does not have a missing loved one but her drive and desire to help people that do is an admiration to me and should be to others..She is a woman who has experienced loss and tragedy in life..


Tina Stevens was one of three sisters and one brother who were raised by a single father..She grew up in a home where a mother's absence was known. She was rebelious and hard headed and gave her father a run for his money.At the age of sixteen Tina left home and shacked up with a man named Charlie and she became a young mother..She had her first child, a daughter Camron at the age of eighteen and a son Anthony at the age of nineteen..She spent seven years with a man who was never home. His priorities were going out and getting drunk and having a good time while his family was at home and leaving Tina to raise the kids by herself..She finally left him to start a better life. One she thought that she and her two children righfully deserved..

And so she set out on the road to single motherhood..Raising them all by herself, supporting them financially by herself..A hard job to do all by oneself but she did the best that she knew how..

When she turned twentyseven she met a man who she thought was going to take care of her and her other two children..She fell in love and moved in with a man were she then had a third child named Ty..Quickly she saw that this man was bad news he was abusive and she new that she needed to get out of this relationship so once again she set out on that path that she new so well. But this time she was a single mother of three childeren..

The summer of 2003 Tina met two woman Jennifer Warner and Angie Gilchrist..She formed a very close relationship with both the woman..At the time Tina had no idea that these two woman would have an impact on the woman she would become in the future..For at that time the trio enjoyed parting together and having a good time..Forgetting there sorrows, frustrations and difficulties in life...As the years went by the woman matured and kind went down different paths in life but they remained friends and stayed in touch..

The events of memorial weekend (May 27) 2007 forever changed Tina's life..Split it into unfathomable dynamics..What started out to be a fun filled weekend of splashing in the pool and riding four wheelers and dunne buggies turned out to be a weekend of horror and tragedy..Tina and her youngest boy decided to chill in the pool for the afternoon while the oldest two children, Camron and Anthony set out to ride some four wheelers and dunn buggies for the afternoon.

As the brother and sister duo sped through a field with their hair blowing freely, having no cares in the world with their friends, enjoying their rides..The rear akle of the dunn buggie fourteen year old Anthony Morris drove became lose and broke do to the bouncing in the field..The rear akle came up and hit Anthony in the left temple..The force was so great that it crushed the left side of his skull..He died instantly..Anthonys oldest sister Camron witnessed his death..Tina layed her son to rest on May 31, 2007..He was only fourteen years old..

Tina like so many of us who suffer such tradegy was in disbelief..She felt like it was just a bad dream and wished that she could wake up from it but the reality began to set in for her and she knew that it was not a nightmare and that she had to keep in mind that she was not the only one suffering..Camron and Ty lost their brother to..

It has been two years since the loss of her son Anthony and Tina is now in a place in her life where she finally feels some sort of purpose and reason to live..She now thinks of consequences of her actions and thinks before she does...She has a desire to protect the two children she has left and keep them close..Has a greater awareness for quality time with her children...

She often wonders what her son Anthony would look like today and how he would sound and what he would be doing with his life..She tells me that even though the pain then was extreme she now reflects back on her memories of him and that gives her peace..Anthony is her inspiration, her light, her guide in who and what she wants to do with her future..

Tina became aware of missing persons through Jennifer and Angie..She had never known anyone personally and when she became friends with these two woman and the lose of her son she felt drawn to make a difference for other people..

In the month of January, Tina participated in the searches for Alice Donovan..She told me that she was nervous but very anxious at the same time...I would have to say I was very excited to have the chance to be a part of something so big for Ange and Jen...Helping to assist the both of them with some closure is very important to me...I know losing Anthony has been very tough on me but I had closure..I really cant imagine nor can I say I know what the two of them are feeling....What was going through my mind? Well I was trying to think like a criminal I will have to say that was tough because I am not... I wanted so badly to be able to keep up with everyone and learn all that I could ,because I know this is my calling...I also had sad feelings for your mother..That day November 14, 2002 kept going through my mind....And the tragic moment that took place in that wooded area...It made me cry and feel hollow....I couldnt understand how someone could be so cruel and evil... Out there searching for your their mother gave me some insight on myself as well and how short life can be and that I should not waste another moment of my life being stupid, careless, and selfish..And that right now I can help make a difference and thats what I want to do...Working with Monica Caison was such an inspiration, she is a wonderful person and I look forward to assisting her

Finding and searching for missing persons is the driving force of her future..Tina has never felt like she belonged anywhere or fit in..But she tells me that searching and rescuing missing persons is her true calling...She looks forward to becoming certified and going out in the "feild" and making other peoples dreams come true..She told me that life is full of evil and that it can knock on anyones door..But if we can look beyond the evil we will and can see the good.

No comments: